This building was formerly Campbell House School, a High School for girls during the early days of the last century.
Most of the old buildings in Wood Street have been demolished and the sites rebuilt upon.
Along this road stood the Coffee Tavern, the town Post Office, The Yard, Workshop and residence of Frank Daniel Brazier – Wheelwright and Coach Builder, the residence of William W. Chamberlain – Mayor of the Borough in 1921 and founder of a local company that bore his name, and the site of the old Fire Station. All now sadly gone.
Only two original cottages remain next to The Carriage House. Today these are both covered by a Preservation order.